Thursday, February 28, 2013

News February 2013

It's been a crazy month.
Is it really the end of February already? I mean, I know it's the shortest month of the year, but it felt really short. Time flies when you fill it with excitement.

Well, I didn't end any long comic series like I did last month, but I did start scripting a possible new series. Don't worry, I'm going to wait until Meaty Yogurt is finished before starting anything else. Agh, this next chapter of Meaty Yogurt is so difficult to draw. It's funny (not ha-ha funny), I originally came up with Meaty Yogurt as a comic that would be very simple and easy to draw. I intended it to be doodley and each page take no more than half an hour. Somehow, it because my most complicated comic with lots of backgrounds. I wonder if I can dial it back a bit without getting accused of being lazy. I think I might! Hopefully I'll have some time to finish an issue by the end of March.

I'd get so much more done if this didn't keep happening.
The beginning of February brought Hourly Comics Day which I participated in. HCD always seems to fall on days when I don't have much to do. I decided I was going to get back into drawing more daily comics and doodles about my days. I started off with this one:
aaaaaaand promptly got too busy to keep doing it. Ah, well.

But the reason I was so busy this month was a damn good reason! I'm a new cast member in Super Happy Funtime Burlesque, and I had my first two official shows with them. It's literally a dream come true. Well, not quite literally, as most of my dreams involving burlesque are nightmares where everything goes wrong, but I'd rather have those nightmares than ones about my teeth falling out. Anyway.

Photo by Stafford Smith.
That's me! On stage I go by Florence of a-Labia, and this act was about being a mermaid who wants legs and, um, everything in between. ;) Band leader Corey Ruffin wrote me an amazing song to dance to, and I got a lot of laughs. The act is based on one of my dirty comics. For more photos, some of them NSFW, check out my burlesque blog. The link under the photo leads to a bunch more photos of the other acts, too.

The other fun news is that I'll be taking this show on the road! Or rather, the show will be taking me on the road since new cast members rarely get to determine where the tour bus goes. I'm excited to be going! 16 stops on the tour. Am I coming to a place near you? Let's see:


More information is in the sidebar of this blog ----->

I have so many new acts to get ready for. That means figuring out dancing and acting moves, and CRAFTING COSTUMES!! And for once, I don't have to pay for all my supplies. That right there is amazing.

Final bit of news, I'll be interviewed on the Moonhawk Studios Podcast tomorrow (March 1st) at 10pmEST so tune in there.

Until next month, stay classy.

For more: tumblr twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment